Set Up a Wallet
What is a Metamask Wallet?
MetaMask is a digital wallet that is specific to Ethereum. There are other wallets available, and Galxe supports bunch of them as well, but MetaMask is still the most popular one. It’s connected to your web browser as an extension where you can hold and spend ETH. You’ll need to connect your wallet to Foundation in order to participate in the marketplace.
How do I set up a Metamask wallet?
- Download and install the MetaMask browser extension through their website.
- Select “Create a Wallet.”
- Create a username and password.
- Pay close attention to your uniquely assigned Secret Recovery Phrase, and store it somewhere safe. If you lose this series of words or forget what order they’re in, you will lose access to your wallet and it will be unrecoverable. We recommend writing the phrase on a piece of paper and storing it in a memorable, safe, and secure spot.
- Confirm the phrase by placing all of the words in the correct order as they were assigned.
- Now, MetaMask is set up and should appear in your browser extensions.
- If you have any trouble, visit MetaMask Support.